Infographic by Shanghai Web Designers.
The World Wide Web is growing rapidly.
On average, 6 billion pages are added to the World Wide Web every day.
Take a look at Go-Gulf infographic about what happens on the web every 60 seconds.
Did You Know?
Did you know that every 60 seconds:
- The search engine Google serves more than 694,445 queries
- 6,600+ pictures are uploaded on Flickr
- 600 videos are uploaded on YouTube videos, creating another 25+ hours of content
- 695,000 status updates, 79,364 wall posts and 510,040 comments are published on Facebook
- 70 new domains are registered
- 168,000,000+ emails are sent
- 320 new accounts and 98,000 tweets are generated on Twitter
- iPhone applications are downloaded more than13,000 times
- 20,000 new posts are published on micro-blogging platform Tumblr
- The browser FireFox is downloaded more than 1,700 times
- The blogging platform WordPress is downloaded more than 50 times
- WordPress Plugins are downloaded more than 125 times
- 100 accounts are created on LinkedIn
- 40 new questions are asked on YahooAnswers
- 100+ questions are asked on Answers.com
- 1 new article is published on Associated Content, the world’s largest source of community-created content
- 1 new definition is added on UrbanDictionary
- 1,200+ new ads are created on Craigslist
- 370,000+ minutes of Skype voice calls
- 13,000+ hours of music streaming on Pandora
- 1,600+ reads are made on Scribd
Which 60 second stat surprised you most and why? How is your usage of the web evolving in this time or rapid change?